As temperatures continue to drop and the official start of winter draws closer and closer, many families are likely looking for ways to keep their kids entertained during the bitterly cold months. Aside from the typical winter activities like ice skating, sledding, or making snow angels, we’ve assembled a list of some of the best ideas for fighting cabin fever and keeping things fun for the whole family throughout the season.
OUTDOOR WINTER ACTIVITIES
- Make a snowman (click here for creative snowman ideas!)
- Go for a winter walk
- Build a snow fort
- Play backyard winter Olympics games
INDOOR WINTER ACTIVITIES
- Plan a house-wide scavenger hunt
- Paint 3D winter scenes with puffy paint
- Make paper snowflakes from coffee filters
- Create colored ice sculptures
- Build an indoor fort (or igloo!)
- Read winter-themed kids books
For even more ideas, check out these 35 Indoor Activities for Winter!
Additionally, for extra help keeping your kids occupied and entertained in the winter, our Safe At Home Child Care team is available to lend a helping hand! Learn more about our in-home child care services here.
We hope your family has a fun, safe winter!